Clinical Scholarship in Nursing
Montfort is involved in developing the next generation of nurses. Each year, Clinical Excellence Scholarships are available to Francophone interns who are in the consolidation phase.
Here is all the information you need to apply for the Montfort Clinical Excellence Scholarship.
- Recognize the clinical excellence and commitment of nursing students who choose to do a consolidation internship in French at Montfort.
- To give financial support to university students during their consolidation internship at Montfort, in one of the six targeted areas of intervention.
Number of Scholarships and Target Area
In total, six scholarships are available. One scholarship for each of the following six areas of intervention: Medicine, Surgery, Critical Care, Family Birth Center, Mental Health and Emergency.
Value of the Scholarships
In order to be eligible the candidate must:
- be registered in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing at an Ontario university;
- having chosen, as 1st choice, to complete his or her consolidation internship at Montfort;
- have an exemplary academic record including an average of at least 80% *;
- be able to provide quality care and services in both official languages.
* Any candidate whose average is less than 80% can still be considered if he or she stands out for his or her exemplary record in clinical placements and his involvement in the community.
Submission of the Application
Complete the following documents and submit them with the online nomination form:
- A motivational text explaining the desire to continue your internship in Montfort.
- A description of your involvement for the Francophonie (eg, volunteering).
- A description of why you are a prime candidate for this scholarship.
- An updated curriculum vitae.
- An official transcript from the university.
- A letter of recommendation from a clinical professor. (Download the document)
- Completed Application Form in French (Download the document)
All Application Forms (HTML form) are to be completed in French:
Submissions are accepted throughout the year. The deadline to submit your application is October 29th.
Applications must be submitted to the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee composed of three members evaluates scholarship applications:
- a member of the teaching team at the Institut du Savoir Montfort;
- a member of the Professional Practice Team;
- a senior member of the Clinical Services Branch corresponding to the clinical practice area of the application.
All applicants will be notified of the result of their application by email in mid-january.
For more information contact email@example.com or Claude Gaudert at (613) 746-4621 ext. 6050.