Viola Polomeno, Inf. RN, PhD
Dr. Polomeno has a dotcorate degree in biomedical sciences from the Université de Montréal and a master’s degree in nursing from McGill University. She is currently an Associate Professor at the School of Nursing in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa.
Known as the ” Nurse of Love” , the research of Dr. Polomeno relate to perinatal sexuality that involves intimacy and sexuality of women, men and couples during the perinatal period. She is interested in the relationship between love and health , that is to say between the quality of the marital / spousal relationship ( intimacy and sexuality dimensions ) and perinatal indicators using a perceptual interpersonal approach which is at the heart of the intimacy. Dr. Polomeno is also interested in the experience of intimacy and sexuality of the Francophone parental couples of Ottawa and Eastern Ontario.
- The perinatal sexuality
- Intimacy and sexuality parental couple
- Francophone parental couples Ontario
- Perinatal Education
- Sexuality and health
- Intervention programs for the promotion of family health and intergenerational
- Perceptual interpersonal approach
- Development, psychometric assessment and translation of measuring instruments for the family